Last modified: 26 November 2012
There are many different ways or method you can use our services, example to search, to share information, to communicate or to create new content to make it online. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why collecting it.
- How we use your information.
- The choices offered, including how to access and update your information.
Information we collect
Information we collect is to provide better services to all of our users and our values customer, we collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, most of our services require you to sign up for a Info Above Account. When you register, we will ask for your personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or Identity Certificate.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, If you choose the more features service, we may ask for your business related information example like business registration certificate to create a publicly visible Ads Web Member, which include your personal information, your business information and photo.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collected from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect ATKC.com.my and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content – like giving you more relevant search results and ads.
We may use the name you provide for your ATKC.com.my Profile across all of the services we offer that require a ATKC.com.my account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your ATKC.com.my account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible ATKC.com.my Profile information, such as your name and photo.
When you contact ATKC.com.my, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate a cookie or anonymous identifier with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
We may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other ATKC.com.my services – for example to make it easier to share things with people you know. We will not combine Double Click cookie information with personally identifiable information unless we have your opt-in consent.
ATKC.com.my processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review and control certain types of information tied to your ATKC.com.my account by using ATKC.com.my Dashboard.
- Use our editor to see and adjust how your ATKC.com.my Profile appears to particular individuals.
- Control who you share information with.
- Take information out of many of our services.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including ATKC.com.my. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of ATKC.com.my unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With domain administrators
If your ATKC.com.my account is managed for you by a domain administrator (for example, for ATKC.com.my Apps users) then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your ATKC.com.my Account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
- change your account password.
- suspend or terminate your account access.
- access or retain information stored as part of your account.
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law,
- regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of ATKC.com.my when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of ATKC.com.my if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of ATKC.com.my, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect ATKC.com.my and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We offer you two step verification when you access your ATKC.com.my account, and a Safe Browsing feature in ATKC.com.my Chrome.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to ATKC.com.my employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.